Grand Tour en Europe: Creativity, innovation, active citizenship and intercultural dialogue
Organizers will provide a very detailed program and every useful information about the preparation of the course, his development, his documentation and report. Many high quality educational resources already exist on standard or electronic supports (educational sheets, books, CD, website: http://www.laboratoriodelcittadino.org).
The course is designed for teachers, educators, trainers, who want to update and improve their profession, through a full week of study and experimentation of an effective teaching method based on research, action and training. The course is an opportunity of an intellectual and emotional travel, a way of telling through texts and images a very emotional transversal experience, in important places of the European culture. During the last years, we have lost our conviction that we could control our territory and we assisted to a migratory process that will mix the frontiers of territories, the same used to orientate our geographies. Traditions and identities now blend to give birth an ethic which, as it dissolves bounders and convictions, is becoming the ethic of the traveller, linked to experience, looking for the centre of what Kant called “starry sky”. The participants at the training, focused on the strategy “Europe 2020”, might deepen the following aspects:
– Innovation and creativity to ensure the effectiveness of “Triangle of knowledge” (education, research, innovation).
– Innovative teaching methods for intercultural dialogue and participation based on a cross-sectorial approach.
– New places in which to express the active citizenship, as the plural and pluralist notion at the base of the intercultural life, opening new horizons and new ways to practice a local, national, European and International level the participatory democracy process;
– Promotion and creation of learning partnership between schools, companies and the civil society.
The course will have theoretic meetings, visits, seminaries and practical activities. This method will lead to a realization of a formative path overall thanks to the participants that will finally appreciate the didactic value of a new learning method, deeply transversal in his approach, that mainly leads to a new point of view, focusing on the cultural interaction, and also trains to the documentary production and creativity tools, to promote the creation of strong
links between people and territory. This method gives to teachers and educators an important educational tool, both in terms of content and knowledge and in terms of awareness of safeguarding cultural heritage in Europe and worldwide. Activities related to the recognition and preservation of diversity and its various forms of expression, promoting better mutual understanding between cultures and peoples.
The follow-up of the training will be proposed to the trainees in the following way:
– Elaboration during the stage of network projects;
– Follow up of implementation of the projects in the schools through the website;
– Mutualisation of the educational approach: sending of documentation (texts, educational sheets, exhibition, photographs, videos) with the use of collaboration through the website (blog, collective production of knowledge, auto-evaluation of the course);
– Networking of the works (in order to elaborate new projects Erasmus +).
Europe between mythology, modernity and multiculturalism
The aim of the course is to offer innovative and creative teaching tools to spread and share to the communities. Another point is the one to let everyone know about the myths of Europe, to let this continent be proposed as advantaged place for cultural exchanges. The myth of Europe, feminine figure from which the West lands took their name, re- minds us that people have always transmigrate and that those migrations took important cultural and social innovations. In the last few years we saw a migratory process that mixed the boards of the territories, but we haven’t seen yet a European cultural identity taking form, with his several declinations in the geo-politic space to get to the “cultural citizenship” to let the recent community history belong to the heritage of the relationships – European, and half-European ones – that, overall in the Mediterranean area, are tightly interwoven. In a world crossed by several migrations, often in Europe’s direction, as in the past for other continents, the European myth gains a bigger importance. Europe is a traveller who is not afraid to live all behind and move to East and West, to discover new worlds and bring his contribute concerning the culture. Participants will create, as final product of the course, a real “wunderkammer”, a virtual “room of wonders”, through a fascinating travel between common cultural heritages of the European people. Literature, visual arts and sciences, in fact, could interpret and transmit a set of principles shared from all around the Europe and overall, from Rome to Athens.
– New places in which to express the active citizenship, as the plural and pluralist notion at the base of the intercultural life, opening new horizons and new ways to practice a local, national, European and International level the participatory democracy process.
The increasing utilization of the qualitative research and research-action in science and instruction has renewed the teaching and formation methodologies. This project justifies the use of this neologism: research-action-interaction- training. The research is about knowledge progression and provides the use of methodological tools as the mythological, iconographic, artistic and literary interpretation of the Myth of Europe, through the systematic collection and analysis of data and works. The action-innovation brings to a renovation of the educational and training practices with the aim to offer to the participants innovative and interdisciplinary approaches that link lectures with non for- mal activities, stimulating participation and creativity in these new didactic paths. The training part creates a place to reflect in a huge, systematic action line, where participants will contribute actively to the creation of new educational practices, using multimedia and interactive techniques.
The course follow-up will offer these following activities and will allow participants to:
– Elaborate, during the course, projects about the European cultural heritage (mythological, iconographic, artistic, literary, historical, scientific), to, then, supplement to the daily educational activities.
– Use and create innovative training instruments (e-book, multimedia products, videos).
– Interact with the represented institutions, through a specific web portal.
– Exchange opinions, good work practices and sharing the project results, with a special section in the website.